Current and Ongoing Professional Work
Through Allygroup Bruce has been involved in significant advisory roles to both State and federal Governments including:
- Recommending improvements to the NSW Treasury Self-Insurance Corporation’s approach to liability claims
- Reviewing and advising on restructuring whole of government external legal panels for NSW and Queensland Governments
- Similar reviews and advice for major Federal Government Departments and Agencies including the Australian Taxation Office, ASIC and Comcare.
Byron Bay Community
Whilst working primarily in Sydney and Canberra Bruce’s principal place of residence since 2003 has been Ewingsdale, NSW and before that regularly visited to maintain contact with a large group of friends in the area.
Bruce has established an extensive network of contacts in a range of community and environmental groups over the past 16 years. He is a member of the Ewingsdale Community Association and the Bangalow Koala Protection Society. He has regularly provided pro bono legal advice to local community action groups and individuals.
Bruce Clarke is Chairman of respected professional services firm Allygroup which he jointly established in 2008.
He was also until September 2018 Principal (and founder) of Sydney based class action law firm, ACA Lawyers. The firm which was then sold to Shine Lawyers.
Bruce’s career over the past 40 years has included:
- Federal Department of Trade and Industry – economic modelling of Tariff reforms
- Solicitor and Managing Partner – high profile ACT and NSW law firms
- Senior Ministerial adviser responsible for the then NSW portfolios of Public Works and Services, Waterways, Regional Developments, Energy and Roads, NSW Government
- Executive Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers – Project Finance and State and National Government liaison
- Executive Director, Ernst & Young – State and National Government Liaison
- Director, Commercial Radio Coffs Harbour
- Board Member, Montessori Indigenous Children’s Foundation
- Independent Member, Audit and Risk Committee, NSW Government Land Property Management Authority
- State appointed member, NSW Joint Regional Planning Panel for Northern Region, Sydney East and Sydney West
- Joint founder of Allygroup, one of Australia’s leading legal management consultancies
- Founder and Principal of leading Sydney class action law firm, ACA Lawyers
- Prequalification as a probity auditor for the federal, NSW and QLD governments
- LEADR-qualified mediator
- Leading investigations into sensitive workplace issues and professional conduct reviews for Federal and NSW Governments and NSW Councils.