Raising Happy Kids is a parenting program and supported playgroup for families with young children. It is specially developed for Indigenous Australian families in remote Queensland communities.
Raising Happy Kids is the combination of a quality early-years playgroup and, a reflective parenting circle.
The Raising Happy Kids program aims to:
– Prepare children and their families for a successful transition to school and beyond.
– Empower people in remote communities with knowledge of early childhood development and positive parenting skills.
– Build the capacity of remote communities to deliver a quality and sustainable program for families.
Montessori is a set of principles and practices aimed at supporting children’s natural development. The RHK playgroup environment is purposefully designed to support young children’s independence and foster a love of learning, using these principles. Course participants will learn how to understand and support children from the perspective of a Montessori-trained playgroup facilitator.
– Trainees will receive a certificate of achievement from the Montessori Children’s Foundation (MCF).
– Trainees will be encouraged and supported to open a Raising Happy Kids playgroup in their community – whether in Cairns or, more remotely.
– Trainees will be given practical support to apply for additional funding for their playgroup.
– They will receive regular 1:1 support from the Montessori Children’s Foundation.
– They will become part of a growing team of RHK facilitators.